Thursday, April 28, 2011

week 13

I guess that you could say that I failed with my first choice this week, Diary of a Teenage Girl was so uninteresting to that I stopped reading with in the first few pages. But on a better note, to finish it I just flipped through it and I did find the illustrations quite charming in a distorted type of way. Luckily my second read was much more interesting. Swallow Me Whole interested me in that erie-disturbing-horror movie kind of way as I enjoy horror stories that involve people who have creepy visions that only they can see and get worse as time goes on. Although the style of the images (which was also creepy) reminded me of the novel Blankets and the style that was used there. The good news is that I was able to get through it with out becoming uninterested plus it also helped that the story and images complimented each other nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment